Sunday, October 25, 2015

NYC DAY 4


Day 4!
We slept in because we were all really beat. We had bought bus passes for the double decker bus and really hadn't used them yet so we planned on spending our day doing a tour. 
Our first stop on the bus was to central park. The park is huge and everyone except Jordan and I had to be on a flight that afternoon so we were short on time. We decided that the fastest way to get around would be on the back of a bike. We found the cutest bike tour guides and they took us all around. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. We hit the major stops in the park but my favorite was the friends fountain. When we pulled up our guide turned on the friends theme song and we all danced around and took pictures. It was amazing! 
Jordan really wanted to see the temple so we did a quick stop!
We continued on the double decker bus tour and ended up at Chelsea market. 
From there we said our good byes to our family and Jordan and I went on our way. 
We went to the Empire State Building and managed to sneak through security and bypass every line. This got us in and out in about 20 mins. We were so happy. I've been to the Empire State Building 3 times and now that I've seen the views from the freedom tower it doesn't even compare. Freedom and top of the rock are way better. But Jordan hadn't been there so we had to go! 
We finally got to eat at my favorite New York pizza place. It was so nice to have a quiet dinner with just the two of us. It was the perfect time to talk about the future and talk about how we felt about moving to this city.
I love Broadway shows so I wanted to see one last show before we left but most shows don't play on Monday nights so we didn't have much to choose from. We decided to see Amazing Grace. The story is really cool. It's about the man who wrote amazing grace. The actors were great and had AMAZING voices but somehow the show didn't do it for us. We walked out feeling whatever about it. A Broadway show is never a bad idea, in my opinion. Next time we won't go on a Monday tho. 
After the show we took a sketchy cab ride to our hotel near the airport so we could hop on a plane early the next morning. 
And just like that, our trip was over. 
I'm so sad to be home from my favorite city. Not sure when I'll be back, but I sure hope it's sooner rather than later. 
We feel really blessed to have gotten this opportunity to travel with the people we love. Their support and encouragement towards Jordan was so sweet. We were so lucky to get to celebrate Jordan's accomplishments together in the most beautiful city in the world!

anddd we are extra grateful for my parents who "sponsored" our trip as a "keep up the good work, jordan" gift! They are the best and we are so grateful for them! 























No comments:

Post a Comment