Thursday, January 1, 2015

MY YEAR IN REVIEW

Happy New Year, friends!

The last couple of days I have found myself scrolling through my iPhone camera reel reminiscing on 2014.

It will always be my favorite year because it was the year I FINALLY got to marry jordan.

I'd like to take a minute to make my simple review so I can quickly look back at 2014 in years to come.

JANUARY:

We rang in the new year with friends and family at our yearly party.
I savored jordan for a few days before he went back to school.
January was spent wedding planning and i loved every second.


FEBRUARY:

February was spent focusing on school and work.
Jordan flew down to celebrate valentines day with me.
Long distance engagements are so hard.



MARCH:
March must have been pretty basic because my camera reel doesn't have too many pictures.
I know that I was up to my ears in my interpreting program and planning my wedding.
I did manage to go to LOTS of my pre schoolers baseball games. I LOVE supporting those munchkins! 
I'm a broken record but pre-school is the best!

APRIL:
I loved april! 
My mom and I took a trip to utah to have my final dress fitting, find flower girl dresses, attend conference, and see my long lost fiancé.





MAY:

JORDAN MOVED HOME!!! He started selling alarm systems for the summer before we got married!After being apart for 2 years while he was on his mission and then a year of long distance while he went to school in utah, i was READY to be with him! We took advantage of finally getting to date each other by going out all the time.
We also got to take our engagement pictures in May. the wedding was starting to feel REALLY close!





JUNE:
One of my favorite months this year.
After 4 years of blood, sweat and tears I graduated from my interpreting program.
Adam graduated from high school and got his mission call.
I taught swim lessons.
I had the most beautiful bridal shower.
Jordan surprised me with a trip to disneyland.
I did have to say goodbye to my dream job since jordan and i were moving to utah (that part was NO fun.)


JULY:

Its my birthday month so it was good one.
It was wedding crunch time. 
My days were spent at final meetings and i was up all night overthinking every detail.
My family spent 4th of july weekend at a resort in AZ.
My aunt had her chubby baby. I love him and his brother so much!
Jordan and I bought our first car together.
My mom took me on a surprise birthday trip to see celine dion in LV.
Jordan spoiled me on my birthday and took me to see once.



AUGUST:
WE GOT MARRIED!
Well, first adam and i went through the temple.
Then, i had an incredible bachelorette party.
The night before the wedding we had a rehearsal dinner that i will always hold so close to my heart.
On 8.15.14 we sealed the deal.
We went on a beautiful honeymoon to cabo.
Then I said goodbye to everything i knew and moved to utah.
We are very blessed to live where we live in Utah. 
August was pure bliss!





SEPTEMBER:

We were (still are, i guess) in marital bliss. 
Jordan started another semester and I started a new job.
We continued to get settled into our new home.
I got to fly home for Adam's farewell.
Jordan and my uncle started coaching soccer.
We enjoyed this new phase of life by going out on fun dates.
annnnd i chopped off all of my hair (still kind of mourning).






OCTOBER:

Adam left for his 2 year mission.
That pretty much consumed my month.
It was an emotional few weeks with Adam leaving and the heartache i had for my best friend and her family.
Thankfully, I had the tender mercy of getting my best friend back from her mission the day before Adam left.
She was able to visit us in October and we did lots of fun halloween activities. 
By the end of the month I was all smiles and grateful for my knowledge of eternal families.






NOVEMBER:

We spent the month reflecting on everything we have to be grateful for (which is SO much).
We decorated for christmas... really early.
Experienced the most beautiful fall.
Enjoyed our family in utah and then came home to CA to celebrate thanksgiving.
We ate too much.
I also got to see my babies in the pre-school pow wow.




DECEMBER:

YAY for christmas time!
My gosh it is the best!
We did so many fun christmas activities with the goddards.
We enjoyed some christmas dates.
I had my first white christmas season!
We traveled home to have our first "married christmas".
WE SKYPED ADAM!
My dad turned 50.
and we rang in the new year with loved ones.








Oh it was a fabulous year!
Sure there were both highs and lows, but I can't help but feel loved by my Heavenly Father.

I am excited to stretch and grow in 2015 (and find out where we are going for dental school DANGIT!).

I know that this year will be amazing because I have Jordan by my side.

I'm a happy girl.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. okay i realized in church when i saw you in primary that i never gave you my ##!!!!
    email me your number and let's double! we would love to get to know our only other young married couple in the ward ;)

    oliviagochnour@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete