Friday, January 9, 2015

WEDDING: the dress

Today I had a second to look through my drafts and finish some wedding posts.

This post is all about the DRESS!



Dress shopping was one of my favorite parts of preparing for the big day.

My mom, SIL, and I went to try on dresses so I could get a feel of what I wanted .
I was kind of all over the place when it came to what I was looking for.

That shopping trip opened my eyes.
I realized that I was too petite for a poofy dress that started at my waist.
I have a little boy's body so the mermaid fit did NOTHING for me. I need to grow curves.
I learned that lace dresses are beautiful but I was going for something unique and it is hard to find that in a lace dress.
I had attended so many weddings around that time and at every single one the brides wore a laced dress.
They all looked AMAZING and I drooled over every single one, but I wanted to be different and do something more "Hillary".
I learned that finding a dress that could be altered (WELL) to have sleeves would be tricky.
I figured out that a belt was a MUST!
I knew that I wanted a classic sleeve and top.

The next place I shopped was SLC.
I knew that the shops would be used to making the dresses modest so I felt really comfortable shopping up in Utah.
My aunt made lots of appointments for us but it only took the first store.

I walked into the perfect dress and I was in heaven.
It was so picturesque.
It is the most darling shop and my mom, aunts and I had it all to ourselves.

I had a feeling I would find my dress there.

I tried on about 4 dresses and was happy but I knew they weren't "the one". I glanced over at the back corner of the room and saw a rack of dresses with sleeves.

I walked straight over to my dress and asked if I could try it on.
It was on the rack in the back because it was going to be in their black friday sale later that week.

I tried it on and fell in love with the bottom.

The cute associate saw the disappointment on my face when my eyes got up to the top.
She gently whispered, "don't worry, you can alter the top anyway you want."

I was SOLD!

My mom and aunts all agreed. It was perfect!

Then we found out the price...

I am not normally one to talk money but this was just too amazing...

My dream dress was on sale for $300!

YUP!

They set me up with a seamstress who was AMAZING! She was the sweetest and when we got talking we figured out that she is friends with our family seamstress who made my bridesmaid dresses.
Such a small world!





So sure enough I found a dress that fit all of my requirements!

Poofy at the bottom (but not a mermaid):



Clean and classic neckline/sleeves:

BELT(!!!):


...and so much more!!!
I loved my dress so much!
If there ever was a day to look like a princess it was this one.
I'm so glad I got to feel like a princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment