Tuesday, October 20, 2015

U PENN


We are currently on a whirlwind of a trip for Jordan to interview at dental schools.

We started our trip off by flying into Philly so Jordan could interview at U Penn. 

We arrived to Philly at 1 am. We were exhausted and ended up only getting 2 hours of sleep that night because of the time difference.

Somehow Jordan managed to pull it together and was ready for his 6 hour interview.

We walked around the campus in the wee hours of the morning and it was BEAUTIFUL! 
It was a different kind of campus than I was expecting.
I'd turn a corner and it would be the most picturesque campus. The old buildings and greenery were just what I was envisioning for this ivy league campus.

But then I would turn another corner and I was on a busy street with tall buildings. 

So really you get both of best worlds. 

Plus, these fall colors are unreal! The east coast knows how to do fall right!

Jordan's interview felt eternal. I had nothing to do and I was a little nervous about wandering too far outside of the campus. (Will Smith makes it pretty clear that West Philadelphia isn't exactly a great neighborhood haha). I kept myself pretty busy, though. I read for a while in starbucks, walked the campus, wandered the book store, grabbed my mcdonald's diet coke, ate at the cutest cafe, and even saw a movie.

Funny story:
When we realized that there was a movie theater on campus I knew that I would see something to kill time and keep warm.
Since I was running on VERY LITTLE sleep, I decided I would use the movie as a good two hour nap.
When I got to the theater, the only movie playing during jordan's interview was hotel transylvainia in 3D. -_-
I really didn't want to spend $10 on that but I decided it was worth it to rest since we hadn't even started our crazy weekend. 
I sat down in an empty theater and closed my eyes...
until I heard a crazy homeless lady walk in. She must have snuck in because she didn't have 3D glasses.
SHE SAT DOWN RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!
In an empty theater.
THEN she starts laughing uncontrollably!!
By this point my nap is shot and I'm a little nervous she might stab me... kidding. kind of. 

About 20 mins later Jordan calls me and tells me he is done early.
$10 down the drain! haha



So once Jordan was done we had the afternoon to sight see before taking the train to New York. 

We hit the liberty bell


Then we went to the place where they make coins. 

We took a tour through independence hall.

Ate an AMAZING Philly Cheesesteak!



And we couldn't leave Philly without walking up the Rocky steps.



I was such a fun day but we were ready to head off to NYC for more!








No comments:

Post a Comment