Monday, October 5, 2015

HOME IS WHEREVER I'M WITH YOU!


Sunday afternoon Jordan and I took a drive up into the mountains while we listened to conference.
The leaves are just barely turning colors and it is beautiful.


Jordan goes up into the mountains all the time for work so he showed me where he takes his water samples.
It was really cool to see it in person.



While we were driving we talked about how insanely beautiful Utah is and how much we have grown to love it. 

We laughed at how a little over a year ago we pulled out of my parents drive way in CA and I literally sobbed for 4 hours straight. 
I had lived in CA my entire life and I loved it.
I HATED the thought of leaving my parents and brothers. 
But I was a newly married woman and I knew that I needed to do what was best for our new little family of two. 
I told myself on that long drive to Utah that this home was only temporary. I'd survive.

Well, I actually THRIVED.

Living in Utah has been the ultimate blessing. 
We are LITERALLY surrounded by family. We have been blessed to live with/under my aunt, uncle, and cousins who have welcomed us in with loving arms. At any moment I can call family to hang out. I love that I get to see my cousins walking home from school and honk obnoxiously to embarrass them. So many memories have been made since we've been here.

There is a different vibe in Utah. The people are so kind. I have friends at the tire shop, Sam's Club, and the car wash. I mean, come on... :)

Jordan is in the thick of Dental school interviews all over the country. In the next couple of months we will have a major decision to make. At this point, we really don't have a plan and all these schools seem so far and scary. 

I just need to remember that last year Utah was that scary place. 
If there is one thing I have learned it is that home is wherever Jordan is. We will thrive wherever we decide to live. 

But hey, if it is CA or UT I won't complain. ;)

Home is wherever i'm with you, Jordy boy! Lets pick a good one! 




No comments:

Post a Comment