Sunday, October 25, 2015

NYC DAY 1

I'm really the worst when it comes to blogging. I use blogger as my journal and print books so my future family will have a hard copy of our adventures. This means my posts are LONGGGG because I try my best to preserve every memory! Sorry friends, here comes a lengthy series! ;)
 (right outside of one of my favorite places in NYC, the plaza hotel. I can't go to NYC with out stopping for a picture)


When Jordan received his interview invitation to Columbia’s Dental school in NYC we immediately called my parents to see if they wanted to come with us and make a weekend out of it. 

Once they agreed we thought we should see if anyone else in the family wanted to go.
We asked my aunts and uncles but I really didn’t think anyone would be able to come.
They all have little kids and its so hard to get away.
Luckily for us, my mom’s two brother’s and their wives agreed to join the party.
We were missing some but they were all there in spirit.

We had the BEST weekend together!

Everyone flew in at different times and on different days so the first day we were all scattered.

Aunt Brette and I started our morning by dropping Jordan off at Columbia so we could see the school. We took the subway and aunt brette liked it way more than she thought she would. haha

Once he was in his interview, we cabbed to brunch where we had the BEST ORANGE JUICE! It was amazing! The pancakes were really good too! 

Then we wandered up 5th Ave. We hit central park and it was the PRETTIEST day I’ve ever seen. Seeing central park in fall was so amazing. I’ve only ever been in summer and winter.






Later in the day, Jordan finished his interview and the rest of the gang started rolling in. 

We ate at a yummy Italian restaurant with great company.

Then we headed to a broadway show.
I’m a major broadway lover and eat up any show I can see.
When I went to look for shows for this trip there were really only two shows that I was interested in/hadn’t already seen- finding neverland and an american in paris.
I decided to buy tickets to neverland for the first night and try to get lottery tickets for the other. I was really crossing my fingers that the rest of the group liked my pick.

THEY DID!

You guys, if you ever get the chance to see finding neverland DO IT! 
I was so blown away!
There wasn’t a dry eye in the audience and I had chills so many times.
After the show the girls couldn’t even talk about it with out tearing up!
I’m on the plane home listening to the soundtrack right now and I’m still getting chills!

After the show we ate some yummy cheesecake at Juniors! We sat outside and FROZE! (we didn’t know what was about to hit us!)


(we started calling her "grandma" because of her scarf on her head)

That was the end of our warmest day in NYC! This city never disappoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment