Sunday, October 25, 2015

NYC DAY 3

Day three started early! 
We hopped on the subway to catch the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. IT WAS FREEZING! When you're that cold you don't care how you look haha. 
We took lots of pictures with the selfie stick. My dad was OBSESSED with it. He hogged it the entire time hahaha. 
We couldn't be in New York with out eating shake shack so we made that our lunch stop. I love their burgers on those soft buns, but the oatmeal cookie shake took the cake this time. 
Once we were done with lunch we went to the freedom tower. This building replaced the twin towers after 9/11 and is the tallest building in the US. We went up the most AMAZING elevators to get to the top. Once we were at the top they did a little video presentation and all of a sudden the screen drops and you see the view. I got chills!!! We looked around at the top and enjoyed the views. 
The only thing I NEEDED to do in NYC was go to the 9/11 museum. The last time I was in NYC they were a few months away from opening and I killed me that I couldn't go. This trip I finally got to go and it was unreal. Just walking the grounds there is a somber spirit. The museum was incredible and it tugged at every heart string. There was a section where you listened to voice mail messages from people in the towers... So heart breaking. As much as it made us all a little sad to remember that day, I'm so glad I saw it. 
That night we were exhausted and had no desire to run around the city to find food. We found the closest restaurant we could. Unfortunately, it was so expensive (small guacamole was $25), too spicy to even eat, and our server was SO cranky. We ended up laughing about it because everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. 












"NO MORE PICTURES!"




















No comments:

Post a Comment