Thursday, October 16, 2014

ELDER MAUTZ


Missions are really hard for me.

I feel like I've been continuously hit by the mission train.

My boyfriend (turned husband) left for his mission, when he got home my best friend, courtney left. Courtney got home and the next day Adam left. When Adam gets home brad will leave.

It's so hard on my heart, but it is amazing too.

I've never dreaded/been so excited for a day in my life. 

I knew it would be hard. It was. It was awful. Saying goodbye to a brother, my brother, was the hardest thing i've ever done. But I know Adam is where he is supposed to be. 

Missions are incredible and I am so excited to watch adam grow.

_______________________

On Tuesday morning my family flew in. We spent the day taking adam to all the kids to say goodbye. 

Tuesday night we went to adam's "last meal".

I felt so sick. 50% from over eating (dang you, rodizio!) and 50% from adam leaving.

That night we stayed up late talking. It was just what we all needed.




Wednesday morning I basically woke up crying.

I put on make up just to cry and leave tear marks.

Adam seemed to be himself. He was making sex jokes and he came out of the shower in my robe. haha

Things got really rough when my dad gave adam a blessing before we left for the mtc. 
We all lost it.


I packed up my "drop off kit", then off we went to drop him off. 


We stopped at Jdawgs for lunch, took pictures at the temple, then did the curb side drop off.







We were all teary but thankfully good ol' Jon came to lighten the mood! He was walking around the temple for his p day and waited for adam. I don't know how these idiots will survive without each other?


Somehow I got selected to drive up to the drop off. ughhh


and then within 1 minute he was gone.
We cried and squeezed him extra tight.


I wish I could say that the worst was over. nope. The rest of the day was pretty bad. Seeing my parents and bradley so sad was brutal.
 Its a dang good thing the church is true. ;) 

________________________________________

In the weeks since adam has done GREAT!



I now have a missionary drawer full of goodies. I try to mail something weekly.



We are all so happy that he is doing well. He arrived in North Carolina on Monday.

The rest of us are plugging away. We have our "moments" but we couldn't be happier for adam.


"He is leaving our family for two years to help other people be with theirs for ETERNITY"

No comments:

Post a Comment