Monday, October 20, 2014

wedding: traditions

(These posts keep getting longer and longer! I really struggle keeping them short! Oh wellzzz!) 

It was very important to me that we kept with the big wedding traditions. I know I will look back at these pictures with such special memories.


Father Daughter Dance

We both wanted to do this for traditions sake and for us, but we knew it would be laughable. We are both so awkward. We spent the majority of the dance talking about who was there, but at the end i saw him fight back tears. It was special. 




 (theres that hair hug!)

Mother Son Dance





The First Dance

Our first dance was actually really nice. When we first started I went to lift my arms but my sleeves wouldn't let me. Borderline awkward. It got better. It was actually kind of nice having a quite moment with just us two (and 300 + people watching lol)







The Cake Cutting

On our way to our hotel after the reception we both said "Our cake cutting was a HOT MESS!" haha. It really was. We couldn't cut that thing and everyone was telling us different things to do. Super overwhelming. 

The only thing I cared about was jordan NOT shoving cake in my face. I heard my dad yell "JORDAN, I'LL GIVE YOU $500 TO SHOVE CAKE ALL OVER HER FACE!" 
Luckily for me he didn't!





Serious concentration.



Toast

I did NOT want toasts at the wedding. We did 3 hours of toasts at the wedding dinner and it was perfect.
I did want my dad to start off with a welcome toast though.
Short, sweet, perfect.




Bouquet toss

Cheyenne swears that I threw it straight to her, but I can promise I have no aim so that didn't happen.
But really... how cute was it that chey caught it?
My reaction is classic!









(chey is clearly signaling to me haha)












 The Garter Toss

Freaking Jon Howe! haha













Our Winners!


The Send Off/ "Decorated" Car!



 not a balloon...
 These idiots put this book in the car. The inside is full of their commentary above the pictures. hahaha
Two days before the wedding I tell our siblings,  "Guys, please don't decorate our car trashy". That worked out...
 the boys were so proud of themselves.





And we did make some of our own traditions...

Family Dance

This was all my dad's idea.
He wanted the first dance to be family only.
We danced to "we are family" and it ended up being one of my favorite parts of the night. 
Nothing like seeing all of your family busting a move.







And lastly...

Freeze Dance

My mom and I own a pre school so we had lots of little guests at the wedding.
It only seemed right to play one of our favorite pre school games that night.











Thats it! You survived all of our traditions!
Now can someone in the family have a wedding so we can do it again?!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! So dang cute. The family dance is hilarious! That is something my family would have loved at my wedding!! So good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) When my dad suggested the family dance we all kind of rolled our eyes and laughed. It ended up being amazing! I can't wait to get our wedding video to see everyone making fools of themselves!

      Delete
  2. these photos/your blog are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! Thank you for tolerating the longest posts in blog history! haha

      Delete