Monday, September 1, 2014

Wedding Week: Bachelorette Party



I come from a pretty sweet family. 
We are FREAKISHLY close.

You see, my mom is the oldest of 5 kids. I'm the oldest grandkid on both sides. Both sets of grandparents are best friends. We do everything with both sides of my family. Because of my age and my family's relationship, my aunts are kinda like older sisters.

Having a "family only" bridal party and being so close to my aunts, I wanted a family bachelorette party.

It seems weird to most, but to me it is perfect.

The ladies from my family and jordan's mom and sisters went to the melting pot for a girls night.

The night was truly amazing.

While we were inhaling fondue my aunt suggested that everyone go around the table and give me sex advice and marriage advice. 

The sex advice was, well... vulgar (I felt especially uncomfortable because I had my grandmas and MIL there haha). I laughed so hard hearing their advice. Seriously, hilarious! 

Then came the marriage advice...

I'm not very emotional but hearing the sweet words of wisdom made my cry so hard.
These women all have different marriages and I respect each of them so much.

I know that I am forgetting so much but I want try and write the few words of advice that I remember. 

- Work as a team. Make decisions together.
-Go to bed upset. In the morning you'll feel better about whatever is bothering you.
-Be patent. He is book smart... he is lacking in the common sense department. (haha)
- Friends are great but your friendship with your husband is most important.
- try new things together.

ughhh everyone gave such amazing advice. I wish I could remember everything. I need to edit this post if I ever remember anything else. 

Then came the gifts. I'll let the pictures tell the story...


(yup. sums up the sex advice...)







I'm so lucky to have such amazing examples in my life. These women are so great!
I wouldn't want to party with anyone else ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment