Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wedding Week: Rehearsal Dinner

The entire wedding week taught me one big lesson...

FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.

I felt so much love from my family all week.

It was so inspiring. 

It got me so excited to start my own family with Jordan.





The rehearsal dinner was probably my favorite part of the whole wedding.

Jordan's parents did such a great job hosting the dinner.

My family takes rehearsal dinners pretty seriously.

I knew that night was going to be a "Hillary roast".

I was right. My brothers, Dad, and uncles were quite entertaining telling all of my quirks.

I laughed so hard.

But once the jokes were over the room was invited to give toasts. 

I know this sounds crazy, but I am struggling to even write about this night because it is almost sacred to me.

The toasts by our family brought us both to tears. Or in my case sobs.

I just sat there all night feeling so lucky to be in a room with all of my favorite people.

These people shaped me and I am so grateful for them.

It was the sweetest night.

I will never EVER forget it.

This post could never explain just how incredible the night was, but thats okay. We know. Our family knows. Thats all that matters.
( one of the only pictures taken that night. I'm wearing my "MAUTZ" football jersey (it was part of the roast) and I'm crying. Pretty much sums up my night.)



No comments:

Post a Comment