Monday, October 20, 2014

day date

Last week was laaaame.

I have been sick with a nasty cold and jordan has been my murse.
He has gotten me custard, given me medicine, and cooked dinner all week.
He has put up with lots of "will you hand me a tissue" or "i'd really like some ____".
He's a champ! (is "champ" just a Deaf/interpreter word?)

Saturday I was finally feeling better. Like I slept through the night with my mouth closed. Two thumbs up! I decided that we needed to get out of the house and get a little fresh air. 
We needed a day date.
Park City seemed to be the perfect place.
Jordan had never been there (okay, i dragged him to the outlets a few weeks ago for 10 mins. doesn't count. It was dark.) so we decided to spend our day in the mountain air.

I have been craving good chips and salsa so we found a mexican restaurant in PC.
Being a CA native I was worried that this place would not be as good as our hole in the wall mexican restaurant at home. Sadly, I was right. The restaurant itself was really cool and the waitress was amazing but the food was so bad. Like my enchiladas had pizza sauce on top. What?!  I'm really not that picky but this was pretty bad. 
Back to Chilis and Cafe Rio I go.
No complaints. 

  Once we finished eating we went up to the alpine slides.
I figured we might as well act like children and do the rides since jordan had never been.
When we got their it was SO crowded. Everything was a 2 hour wait except one zipline.
We went for it.

So yeah, it was probably for kids but we had fun and said "wee".
The best part was looking at the pretty colors on the mountains! 
Wowza, Utah!

We weren't feeling satisfied so we went over to Olympic Park for a hot second.
We walked through the museum and promised that we would come back to ride the long zipline another weekend.

We took a long drive home so we could see more of park city.
Main street is the cutest thing i've ever seen. We are coming back during christmas because i'm sure it will be decorated so cute!


And finally that windy road lead us home.


I love day dates with this dream boat.
We are going to try our best to keep them up so we can explore more of our new home.
Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment