Monday, July 7, 2014

June

Life has been a little crazy over here.
So many great things have happened so i'm doing a little binge blogging to catch up.

JUNE.

Last month I graduated from my two year (haaaa. two years but we had two years of prerequisites. lets call it 4 year) interpreting training program.
Two years ago I barely slid into the class. I was on the wait list for months and for some reason a miracle happened and I was the last person in the class to be added. I was number 18. 
Well since then we have shrunk. Each semester we lost some. This last semester we were down to 8. It was so fun being such a small cohort.
We had a little party at our teacher's house to celebrate our graduation. 
I love ASL and interpreting. I'm so excited to start working as an interpreter soon!

The rest of the month was "Adam month".

Adam had quite the 4 weeks. He graduated from seminary, graduated from high school, had a graduation party, took a trip to Hawaii with his best friends, AND got his mission call.

Here are a ton of pictures from those four weeks!





(you're probably wondering why brad is in a robe too. he got to pass out white flowers to the graduates at the ceremony so he got to wear that. haha)






okay, so mayyyybe we were pretending to be there for brad.







at dinner after the ceremony. thanks jon...

THE PARTY:



The crew. 


THE MISSION CALL:

Holy moly! This mission call left ME with out sleep. I can only imagine how Adam felt...

Weeks before adam opened his call our family and friends started guessing and marking the big map.
I was CERTAIN that Adam was going to the east coast. 
I was kinda close? Closest i've ever guessed. (Jordan, Courtney, Jon and Tanner all went to Russia and  didn't see any of those coming!)

Elder Adam Tyler Mautz is called to serve (or swerve, as he says) to the CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA mission.

I was THRILLED. 
He is going to LOVE it! The people will be so nice and the food will be gooooood! What more could a missionary want???

Guessing during Sunday dinner.

yes, my mom took a picture of the mailman. 


the gang and countless others on face time.




if you've survived this lengthy post then I applaud you. June was a big one around here! We are all so proud of Adam!




No comments:

Post a Comment