Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentines Day 2015


Jord and I have had quite the week. It has been hard and emotional.
I was beyond grateful to have valentines day fall just when needed our spirits lifted.

We really aren't crazy valentines dayers.

Sure, we love any excuse for a fun date and a little extra love, but we aren't ones to go crazy.
 We keep it simple.

Friday night we watched 7 kids while my aunt and uncle went on a date.
We had two extra babies to watch because my aunt was watching her sister's kids while she was out of town.
It was so fun to snuggle those twin babies. I wish they were here for more than a weekend.

Once we were done babysitting we snuggled up in bed and watched "The Last Five Years". 
I love Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan. The movie wasn't their best but I still enjoyed it. Jordan found it very depressing.

Saturday morning we got a late start because we slept in. 
I got ready in my valentines day gear hahaha. (I've worn that to pre school parties every year!)

 We said that we didn't want to do gifts this year but Jordan gave me a nail salon gift card. He isn't a good listener. He said, "you are going to get your nails done, so just let me be cute and get you a gift card" haha. I think he just wanted to decorate the envelope. 

We didn't have any hot plans during the day so we decided to do what we I do best... shop! 

We went to the mall and spoiled ourselves.
We both got new jeans and Jordan got me the necklace that I had been eying from Jcrew. 
We had blue lemon for lunch then headed home to party prep.

My aunt and uncle hosted the most fun valentines day party for their friends in our ward.
It was fun to get to know couples from our ward. 
We moved into my uncle's basement apartment 6 months ago, but we still feel like we don't know anyone. Thankfully, we always have our BFFs, Uncle Curt and Aunt Brette to hang out with.


We used and abused the photo booth all night. 
It was so fun to see couples of all ages get in there and pose.



The highlight of the night was seeing one of our favorite couples from the ward wearing the EXACT same outfits as Jordan and I. They have pretty good taste ;)
There were three of us wearing the same top last night. I guess it is not every day that you can wear your hot pink blouse. haha

It was such a fun day! 
I love my valentine and all he does for me.
Heres to many more valentines days together!

1 comment:

  1. those babies are so adorable! And so funny that three of you had the same shirt! I always hate it when that happens but I think it just confirms that you have good taste!

    ReplyDelete